Laser Hair Removal
The effective hair reduction solution
"Laser hair removal is simply the most effective hair reduction solution bar none," states Dr. Bentley.
"To be accurate, the term must first be addressed: while many commonly call it this, it can be misleading since everyone needs several treatments (typically 3–6*) as the process is only effective on hair during the early growing cycle. Also, new hair naturally emerges as we age – and these new sprouts will need a touch-up treatment in the future. But this is one of my absolute favourite treatments... I love it!"
The number of treatments required will depend upon your skin and hair colour, and hair coarseness – a personal consult is required to discuss needs and set expectations. It's best to view laser hair removal as effective and long-lasting reduction.
Our laser system is a long-pulsed, high-energy alexandrite laser capable of generating two different wavelengths (755nm and 1064nm), selected by an expert laser tech or physician, depending on your skin type. The gentle light beam it emits passes through the skin to the hair follicle, where it is absorbed. The laser energy transforms into heat which destroys the hair follicle, leaving the surrounding skin unaffected.
Not all hair lasers or laser technicians are equal. Trust your hair removal to Kelowna experts: a physician-led team for male or female face, neck, back, arm, underarm, bikini, Brazilian and leg hair removal.
People with lighter skin and darker hair (Fitzpatrick skin types I–III) respond best to the 755nm wavelength. Those with skin types IV and up can be treated at 1064nm. This wavelength also allows the treatment of people with a tan, although this is neither as ideal nor as effective as when the person is untanned.
Laser Hair Removal video by Cynosure
Each treatment package is customized for each person: pricing is based on a free consult. Come in and let us help you to see way less pesky hair!
After alexandrite/Elite laser hair removal:
- Wash treated area gently with a mild cleanser such as Cetaphil. If the treated area is irritated, do not rub with a towel – rather pat dry.
- Apply Aquaphor ointment (or similar) to the area for re-hydration. If crusting develops, it should be allowed to slough off naturally. Do not pick or scratch crust.
- Resume normal skin care regimen (i.e. makeup, moisturizers, deodorant and shaving) the day after treatment if there is no blistering or crusting.
- Resume Retinol and Retin "A" products one week post-treatment.
- Use skin care products that are free from alcohol, dye and perfumes for one week post-treatment.
- If there is any break or blistering of the skin, an antibiotic ointment such as Polysporin should be used.
- If there are any signs of infection such as redness, tenderness, or pus, please contact the office.
- Avoid skin care products that have alcohol, dyes and perfumes for one week post-treatment.
- Do not shave the treated area for 1–3 days following treatment if crusting or blistering occurs.
- Sun exposure should be avoided throughout the course of treatment. A broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater should be applied whenever the area is exposed to the sun.
- Do not rub, scratch or pick at the treated area while red discolouration present.
- Activities such as swimming and use of hot tubs should be avoided for the first 2–3 days* or until any redness, crusting or blisters have resolved.
- Avoid rubbing or pressure caused by clothing on the treated area.
TREATMENT RESULTS/EXPECTATIONS & FOLLOW-UP
- Multiple treatments are required for laser hair removal, since only hair follicles in an active growing phase are affected – estimated to be about one-third at any one time – while the remaining two-thirds of follicles are unaffected. In addition, the body naturally grows/sprouts new hair. Typically patients should expect at least several treatments initially, followed by spot treatments as needed.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the clinic immediately.
*Results may vary – specific results cannot be guaranteed – everybody is unique.
An individual consultation defines a patient's most effective treatment. Expected results are discussed and realistic treatment outcomes are established. Cost and treatment quantity is determined during your personal consultation. Customized packages are created for each patient to meet your needs based on areas/amount of excess hair. We provide an expert recommendation – and you choose the right treatment plan for you.
Actual price is based on a consultation – every patient is unique. That said, typical price ranges (and typical number of treatments) are as follows:
- Upper lip: $50 (at several treatments; typically up to 6 or 8*).
- Full face, female, starting at $150 (2–8 treatments*).
- Bikini starting at $90; Brazilian starting at $150 (2–8 treatments*).
- Lower legs starting at $250 (2–8 treatments*).
- Summer "Swimsuit" Packages, such as Underarms, Legs and Brazilian: call to book a free consultation. Hair today, gone tomorrow!
Prices are per treatment and vary on amount of excess hair and area treated unless specified otherwise above. Taxes not included.
*Each treatment package is customized for each person: pricing and number of treatments is based on a free consult. Come in and let us help you to see way less pesky hair!
Request an Appointment
Please use the form below to book a consult with one of our experts. Or, phone or TEXT us at 250-860-9919, or email email@example.com!
NOTE for vein treatment & Covid Vaccinations: please allow one (1) week prior to covid vaccination and/or one (1) week after for all vein treatments, as per the Health Guidelines.
Fields marked with a * are required.