Full Compliance with CASL & PIPEDA
Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic complies with Canada’s anti-spam law (CASL). Here is a plain-English overview, that Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic:
- Ensures all forms of email address collection satisfy express consent.
- Identifies itself and includes contact information on forms.
- Verifies that you (patients/clients) document consent.
- We occasionally may reaffirm consent with your list.
- Features itself and identity and contact info in electronic messages.
- Includes unsubscription options on commercial electronic messages.
In addition, Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic complies with Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and BC's PIPA also.
What information are you collecting and how are you collecting it?
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers, that serve as that computer's "Internet Protocol" or IP address. When a visitor requests a page from any Web site within the Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic, our Web servers automatically recognize that visitor's domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site.
Our Web servers also collect information about the type of Internet browser you are using, operating system, as well as which of Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic's Web pages you have accessed. This information is used to help our team develop Web sites to display properly for the majority of our visitors.
Our Web servers do not automatically record e-mail addresses of the visitors.
Accepting cookies through your browser is a personal choice. You can sill enjoy Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic's Web sites if you choose not to accept cookies.
What information do you collect when I complete the "Contact Us" form?
Any information supplied through our contact forms is used to aid our business to respond to your request and provide you with the necessary information.
Your email address may be entered to receive Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic's electronic newsletter if you consent. You can un-subscribe to this Newsletter at anytime.
Will you disclose the information you collect to outside third parties?
Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic will not sell or otherwise provide the information we collect to outside third parties for the purpose of direct or indirect mass email marketing. Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic will disclose personal information and/or an IP address, when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities and conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Lakeshore Vein and Aesthetics,
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic sites and related properties, or visitors to the Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic sites and related properties,
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the rights of third parties, or otherwise misusing the MedSource Network or its related properties.
What safeguards are in place?
Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic is obligated to protect your personal information by making reasonable security arrangements against such risks as unauthorized access, use, collection, disclosure or disposal. Security measures have been integrated into the design, implementation and day-to-day operating practices as part of Lakeshore Vein and Aesthetics's commitment to protect the personal information it holds.
What else should I know about my privacy when online?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example through e-mail, discussion lists, or elsewhere - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
Updating Your Personal Information
You can always request that we update any Personal Information we may have collected from you. You may contact us directly using any of the following:
- E-mail your request to: email@example.com
- Phone: 250 860 9919, or toll free 1 888 860 9919
- Fax 250 860 9954
Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic
3293 Lakeshore Rd, Kelowna, BC, Canada V1W 3S9
Consent To This Agreement