Skin & hair rejuvenation
Advanced Facials are a Health Canada approved skin rejuvenation therapy, ideal for treating ageing skin on the face, neck, eyes, hands and décolletage. It is also commonly used in the treatment of hair loss by stimulating growth in thinning areas. Key: Advanced Facials use the patient’s own platelets extracted from a small sample of their own blood, so it is a very safe treatment.
How & Why Advanced Facials Work
Advanced Facials start with taking a small sample of the patient’s blood with a syringe.
Next, the blood sample is spun in a medical centrifuge (about 10 minutes, onsite) to concentrate the plasma into a gel.
Finally, the gel is then applied to the desired areas: activation causes stem cell platelets to release essential growth factors and signaling proteins, which are responsible for the wound-healing process and skin rejuvenation by improving skin texture, colour and quality of skin.
Methods to Deliver Advanced Facials
There are several common methods of delivering the gel into the treatment area:
- Microneedling: a pen-sized medical device delivers a series of micro-needle punctures, and the gel is applied topically. The Clinic uses a state of the art Eclipse MicroPen Elite. (Selphyl is another type of procedure that uses a similar technique.)
- Fractora: a medical energy radio-frequency (RF) device micro-punctures the skin, and the gel is applied topically.
- Syringe: a very fine-gauge needle is used to inject the serum. The Clinic does not offer this injectable option as the above are considered more effective.
An Advanced Facial takes approximately 40 to 60 minutes to perform by trained doctors or nurses.
Little Downtime & Minimal Risk
First off, Advanced Facials should be performed by a doctor or qualified nurse in an accredited medical facility.
Advanced Facials are not new – they have been used effectively for years in the treatment of burns, orthopaedics, ophthalmology and physiotherapy to accelerate wound healing. It is considered quite safe: a very low risk of any complication.
What makes Advanced Facials enticing for many is that it doesn’t use anything foreign or artificial – there is virtually no risk of an allergic reaction – making it a rather safe choice.
There is a chance of some redness, swelling or bruising with Fractora (possibly a few days), but much less so with Microneedling (any effects subside in hours typically).
Please note it is difficult to find good research studies showing the effectiveness of Advanced Facials.
For instance, there are several very different methods to deliver Advanced Facials, and within each of those there are different technologies. This alone creates many variables. Overlaying all this is the variation with the clinics and service providers: training, credentials, experience and skill.
Our team's research of medical literature and common public medical cosmetic forums shows a wide variety of claims about effectiveness: some rave reviews from plastic surgeons (over 500 treatments) to other physicians who say there is little evidence.
However, the underlying logic of Advanced Facials are sound: stimulate the skin (eg microneedling) then deliver quality gel to the dermis, allowing platelets carrying growth factors that increase rebuilding of tissues – in turn stimulating new collagen and blood vessel formation giving the skin smoother and healthier look. Supporting this, stem cells have been used for promoting healing in various areas of medicine for years with good results, in a wide range of areas from osteoarthritis and sports injuries to wound care and plastic surgery.
Video about PRP
How long does the Advanced Facial process take?
The blood draw takes just a couple of minutes, followed immediately by a 10-minute centrifugation. The time involved in the application varies based on which procedure is being performed, but a typical appointment for an Advanced Facial is one hour.
How many Advanced Facial sessions are required?
Your medical professional can create a treatment plan based on your individual needs, but typically three are recommended (four weeks apart each), and a few more treatments for hair.
Can an Advanced Facial procedure be painful?
The product is close to a physiologic pH, which means it is less likely to cause a stinging or burning sensation. There may be some temporary discomfort or possible redness and inflammation at the application site, but quickly resolves.
How do I get started
Call us today to set up your free consultation.
An individual consultation defines a patient's most effective treatment. Expected results are discussed and realistic treatment outcomes are established. Cost and treatment quantity is determined during your personal consultation. We provide an expert recommendation – and you choose the right treatment plan for you.
Actual price is based on a consultation – every patient is unique. That said, typical price ranges (and typical number of treatments) are as follows:
- Advanced Facial & Microneedling, 3 treatment package: $1,950 (normally over $2,300).
- Advanced Facial & Fractora, 3 treatment package: $2,850.
- Hair rejuvenation, 4 treatment package: $3,250.
Taxes not included.
You are unique – and so is your treatment – come in for an expert consultation!
- We ask that you leave the PRP on your skin for the remainder of the day (minimum 4 hours).
- You will experience inflammation, lasting 1-3 days, as well as mild to moderate swelling, lasting 12-24 hours. Ice or cold compresses can be applied to reduce swelling if required.
- Please avoid sweaty exercise and sun exposure for 72 hours post-procedure.
- You may notice a tingling sensation while the cells are being activated, this may last up to 1 week.
- Do not pick, pull, or scratch at any exfoliating or loosening skin.
- Retinol products should be avoided for 3-5 days.
- Do not have any radio frequency, or resurfacing treatments for 2 weeks.
- Please avoid hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, etc for 1 week.
Questions and concerns, please contact Lakeshore Vein and Aesthetics clinic during regular business hours: 250-860-9919
Please use the form below to book a consult with one of our experts. Or, phone or TEXT us at 250-860-9919, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
NOTE for vein treatment & Covid Vaccinations: please allow one (1) week prior to covid vaccination and/or one (1) week after for all vein treatments, as per the Health Guidelines.
Fields marked with a * are required.