Registered Massage Therapist
RMT: Massage for healing, therapy & relaxation
Mission Health and Wellness is Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic's neighbour, and we recommend them in conjunction with our services and products for your complete well being.
Registered Massage Therapists: Jordan Donovan, RMT, and certified team of Jade Lacerte, Patrick Hove and Jaylene Thomson.
Registered Massage Therapy (RMT) involves the use of manual techniques to decrease pain and tension, improve range of motion, increase circulation, and calm the nervous system. Registered Massage Therapy is a clinical approach to wellness which involves examining a patient's history, analyzing the patient's condition through orthopaedic assessment, and providing a custom and individualized treatment specific to the needs of the patient.
Many seek treatment from an RMT for recovery from sports, motor vehicle accident or repetitive strain injuries, relief from chronic pain, or stress reduction. Others seek ongoing maintenance to optimize function, decrease stress, and maintain soft-tissue pliability to prevent injury.
Massage therapy has also shown to be beneficial in the treatment of mental health conditions including depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Massage therapy is appropriate to reduce or eliminate symptoms associated with many conditions including the following:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Hammer Toes, Claw Toes, Mallet Toes
- Golfer's Elbow, Tennis Elbow (Medial Epicondylitis, Lateral Epicondylitis)
- Trigger Finger and Dupuytren's Contracture
- Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Headaches, Migraine headaches, and Tension Headaches
- TemporoMandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD) (a.k.a. Jaw Soreness, TMJ)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Frozen Shoulder
- Sciatica & False Sciatica
- Strains & Sprains
- Sleeping Disorders
- Shin splints
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Disc herniation
- Postural strain
- Scar tissue (including pre-surgical preparation and post-operative scar tissue reduction)
- Torticollis (wry neck)
- Subluxations and dislocations
- Low back pain
- Pregnancy related aches and pains
Accepting new patients and referrals.
Please contact Mission Health and Wellness for:
- Registered Massage Therapy
- Orthopaedic Assessment
- Sports Massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Neuromuscular Massage
- Myofascial Release
- Swedish Techniques
- Maternity Massage
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Joint Mobilization
- Passive Stretching
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Geriatric Care
- Relaxation and Maintenance
Phone: (778) 699 2064