Medical & cosmetic Botox & other injectables
Looking older than your years? Botox® Cosmetic is a simple and effective way to remove wrinkles that can make you appear perpetually tired, stressed or angry.
While it’s true you can’t stop the aging process, you can slow its progress through the use of Botox® (or other Injectables, also called Neuromodulators). It is a simple, non-surgical procedure that can brighten your face, smooth frown lines and make you look years younger.
Botox® is a simple, yet effective way to soften or erase those deep, persistent lines that develop over time. It won’t remove structural* wrinkles – those inevitable character lines that develop over time – but it will effectively reduce wrinkles that appear when muscles in your face contract in a smile, frown or squint. (* Structural wrinkles are effectively reduced with dermal fillers or a Soft Lift.)
Just one 10-minute physician-led treatment involving a few small injections will freeze nerves leading to select facial muscles and remove lines that make you appear older, angrier, or more stressed than you truly are. Those lines, called dynamic wrinkles, will stay relaxed for as long as four months, when subsequent treatments will extend the results.
Botox Cosmetic Physician’s Network
Botox, in the hands of physicians and expert nurse injectors, is a safe and proven anti-aging treatment that works best on areas in the upper third of the face including frown lines between the eyes, crow's feet and those horizontal lines that appear on the forehead. Results take 5–7 days to appear, but are dramatically visible when they do.
Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic is a Double Diamond Level Clinic (exclusive to the top 75 or so clinics in Canada) – an indication of our vast experience and highest levels of professional training from Botox creator Allergan.
Approved for use in Canada more than 15 years ago, Botox was first used to treat eyelid spasms, cerebral palsy and migraine headaches. It is now used to treat more than 75 medical conditions including stuttering, voice tremors, back pain and excessive sweating (aka hyperhidrosis) – a condition that stops temporarily when Botox is used to block the release of chemicals that stimulate sweat glands. Botox Cosmetic is produced by industry leaders Allergan, who are Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic's partners in providing extensive training for advanced cosmetic techniques. Allergan Canada's official site is here...
Alternative Injectables / Neuromodulators
Dysport® and Zeomin® a similar products to Botox® Cosmetic.
Dysport is produced by Galderma (who also produce Restylane®, Emervel® and Sculptra®). Official site for Dysport Canada is here...
Xeomin® is produced by Merz Pharma Canada Ltd. (who also produce Belotero and Radiesse dermal fillers among others). Official site for Xeomin Canada...
A common and successful combination treatment is called Soft Lift, which uses both injectables Botox Cosmetic® and the dermal filler Juvéderm™ – both made by Allergan. When performed by skilled doctors or nurse injectors, the results may be termed medical art!
At Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic, we choose the right injectable product for you and your optimal outcomes. Connect with us to discuss how best turn back the clock and help you feel great... contact us for an appointment...
An individual consultation defines a patient's most effective treatment. Expected results are discussed and realistic treatment outcomes are established to suit your skin type and lifestyle. Cost and duration of treatment is determined during your personal consultation. Customized packages are created for each patient. It all depends on your needs and expectations: we provide expert recommendations – and you choose the right treatment for you.
A patient's optimal outcomes are typically based on regular followup treatments every three to five months, and these are often at a lower cost since "maintenance" usually requires less injectable product than the initial treatment.
Price range and number of treatments can vary greatly with each patient – a personal consultation is required – but here are typical ranges:
- Frown lines starting at $199+ one visit, then repeat as desired, typically every 3 – 5 months.
- Mini Soft Lift (Botox and Juvederm): starting at $399 to $999, typically every 3 – 5 months, with Juvederm typically longer lasting.
Taxes not included.
BRILLIANT DISTINCTIONS™ Programs
Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic welcomes BRILLIANT DISTINCTIONS™ members.
Brilliant Distinctions is a loyalty program where members can earn points on select Allergan products: Botox Cosmetic, Juvederm, Belkyra and Latisse. Offered exclusively to residents of Canada. Please see brilliantdistinctions.ca for more information, or contact us.
After your Botox® treatment
- Enjoy our complimentary makeup touch-up at the clinic before you leave.
- If you need to apply makeup within four hours of your treatment, use a gentle touch to avoid rubbing the area.
- Try to gently exercise your treated muscles for the first 30 minutes after treatment: practice frowning, raising your eyebrows or squinting. This helps to work Botox Cosmetic® into your muscles. Although this is thought to help, it will not impact your treatment negatively if you forget.
- Feel free to shower and/or continue with other regular daily activities.
- Be assured that any tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours after your treatment.
- Do not rub or massage the treated area for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Do not do strenuous exercise for four hours post-treatment. This will minimize the risk of raising your blood pressure and therefore, reduce the risk of temporary bruising.
- Avoid facials or saunas for four hours after your treatment.
- Do not lie down for four hours after treatment. This lowers the risks of putting pressure on, or accidentally rubbing, the treated area.
TREATMENT RESULTS/EXPECTATIONS & FOLLOW-UP
- The results of your treatment can take up to 14 days to take full effect. Usually patients notice a change in 4–5 days. Please wait until the 14 days have passed before assessing your treatment results.
- We would like to see you for a follow-up assessment two weeks after your first treatment. This will ensure we are able to see how your facial muscles react to your treatments. If you require more product to fine-tune your treatment results, it will be done at this time at an additional cost. Alternatively, product may not be required and the visit would be complementary.
- Likewise, Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic recommends patients have a 3–4 month follow-up appointment so that we can achieve the best results for you. If you allow Botox Cosmetic® to completely wear off, it is difficult for us to be able to see how your individual muscles reacted and therefore optimal results for your face will be harder to achieve.
If you have any concerns or questions, please contact the clinic immediately.
Medical Botox for Excessive Sweating / Hyperhidrosis
Hyperhidrosis is a disorder that defines individuals who sweat more than the body would normally need to maintain optimal temperature.
It affects approximately 3% of the population – some 950,000 Canadians – of whom 300,000 have a severe form of the disorder.
Excessive sweating is a topic which is rarely thought about unless you are the one with the condition. It can be uncomfortable as the least, but worse, it is an embarrassing condition for many people and sometimes even disabling and could easily ruin one’s social and professional life. A long time neglected subject in the medical literature, it is starting to gain awareness among the Health Professionals as well as the public thanks to the discovery of Botulinum toxin A which came as a breakthrough in the treatment of HH. [Botox® and Dysport® are not bioequivalent. One unit of Botulinum Toxin Type A (Botox® Allergan Irvine Ca) is equivalent to approximatly to 2.5 units of Botulinum Toxin Type A (Dysport® Ipsen Limited UK)].
It has also been shown that only 38% of hyperhidrosis sufferers talk to a health care professional about their condition. People rarely seek help because many are unaware that excessive sweating is a treatable medical disorder.
At Lakeshore Vein & Aesthetics Clinic we often treat hyperhidrosis and invite you to book a consult today.