Dr. Janna Bentley voted President, Canadian Society of Phlebology (CSP)
Dr. Janna Bentley is hounoured to be voted President of the Canadian Society of Phlebology (CSP).
(Phlebology definition: the specialty of phlebology has developed to enable physicians sharing an interest in venous disease and health to share knowledge and experience despite being trained in a variety of backgrounds such as dermatology, vascular surgery, haematology, interventional radiology or general medicine. It is not a formal medical "specialty" in Canada, however it is in parts of Europe.)
The Canadian Society of Phlebology's 42nd National Congress ran from Oct 20 to 22, 2017, at the Hotel Delta Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada. The vote for the Executive of the CSP was by her physician peers and took place Sat Oct 21.
Dr. Bentley, who was formerly the Vice President Education of the Canadian Society of Phlebology, also presented to her medical colleagues on various varicose vein topics including:
- Thermal ablation
- New techniques in treating varicose veins
- Training lab
- Bruising: a review, including treatment and prevention options for
this common side effect
- Dr. Bentley was the Moderator for several Q&A / discussion panels also.
About Dr. Janna Bentley:
- President, Canadian Society of Phlebology
- Registered Vascular Technologist
- Diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine